Difference between revisions of "Downloads"
m (Protected "Downloads": Why was this not set? [edit=sysop:move=sysop])
Revision as of 22:31, 10 October 2007
Embedded XINU 1.0
The venerable XINU operating system has been used in classrooms, research labs, and commercial development firms for nearly a quarter of a century. Reimplemented in ANSI standard C, targeted to a modern RISC architecture, and optimized for resource-scarce embedded systems, Embedded XINU is rested, relaxed, and ready to go for the next quarter century.
The current version includes:
- Process management primitives
- Preemptive multitasking
- Priority-based scheduling
- Semaphore synchronization
- Message-passing interprocess communication
- Sleep and wake
- Dynamic memory allocation
- Synchronous and asynchronous serial drivers
- Buffered I/O
- Device-independent I/O layer
- Embedded MIPS32 loader
- Interactive shell with basic commands
XINU Console Tools
The XINU Console Daemon and various associated utilities provide network clients with connectivity to backend consoles that are really only connected directly to the console host. The xinu-console software package is now freely available for UNIX console hosts and front end clients.