Jump to navigation Jump to search
- linux-22.214.171.124/lib/iomap.c: Ugly macros are a way of life.
- ../net/tcp/tcpTimer.c:101: error: ‘rum’ undeclared (first use in this function)
- Brandon: "Vim has a learning curve." / MS: "No, it's a line."
- MS: "[re: Firefox Plushie] Wow, that look more like a racoon to me. And wouldn't that just make people position Linux Tux and Firefox Fux is various explicit positions? Or is that just me?" / DB: "Yes, Michael. It is just you. And I don't think the Firefox mascot's proper name is 'Fux.'"
- JP: "I'm laughing because my nose itches."
- JP: "I'm not going to start my own business. For a business to work, the owner has to care."
- MS: "'Broken Beyond Syntax': that's going to be the title of my autobiography."
- JP: "I'm not saying it's my opinion, I'm just saying it's an opinion."
- JP: "Yeah, that's just fool complicated."
- AG: "Even Tim's pictures have bugs in them."
- AK: "Warnings mean you are smarter than the compiler!"
- AG: "Do you use text messaging?" / JP: "What's that?"
- AG: "I feel like doing something. What should I do?" / PH: "Go home."
- DB: "Any questions? What else have I forgotten to tell you?" (email to lab) / Response: "The XINU lab notes that you forgot to tell us that you love us."
- DB: "Traditionally, graduate students get a bed to themselves in this situation."
- PH: "I'm really going to enjoy watching the commits to this branch."
- ZL: "Voc and Supervoc joined at the UART"
- George Corliss: "Verbose. Minus 5."
- Steve Merrill: "Publish! Publish! Publish!" (walking down the hall past junior faculty offices)
- JP: "I am just participating cause I'm standing here."
- JP: "New commands are silly."
- JP: "I've solved all kinds of problems in my life that no one's ever solved before."
- AG: "You know scheme. I know scheme. We all scheme for ice cream."
- DB: "I like StarTrek, but that would be less a hobby and more an investment."
- MS: "Subtract two." / MN: "Why?" / MS: "...because I said so." / MN: "...alright..." / MS: "...and then when that doesn't work subtract four. But two should work." / MN: "Two didn't work." / MS: "Damnit! Subtract four." (Conversation continues in a similar fashion until Matt ends up subtracting eight.)
- DB: "So they basically made a hammer and went after everything that could be a nail."
- JP: "This is so unfair to us petty criminals."
- DB: "We'll all be getting eye transplants soon."
- DB: "I am somehow derived from C." (on the ubiquity of the C programming language)
- JP: "First you have to get the $3,000 license for the whizbang that does all the work."
- DB: "I don't remember what the silly window is, but it must be important."
- AK: "[UML is] just a bunch of boxes on paper."
- DB: "Java has corrupted you all."
- KJ: "There are some fonts that really spread out a paper." (discussing parameters for COSC 198 term paper)
- DB: "You're telling me to put in less work. I'm not going to argue with you."
- See MIPS Run, 2nd Ed.: "When we finally make contact with aliens, their wheelbarrows will have round wheels and their computers will probably use fixed-size pages."
- XINU Cometh.
- XINU Returneth.
- XINU Calls.
- XINU Returns.
- XINU Creates.
- XINU Reschedules.
- XINU Saves and Restores.
- XINU Preempts.
- XINU Comes Not to JUDGE, But to EXECUTE...
- XINU Knows Your Inmost Firmware.
- XINU Brings New Life to Old Hardware.
- XINU Waits.
- XINU Allocates.
- XINU Deallocates Away.
- XINU Tastes Great.
- XINU Has Less Filling.
- XINU Runs FOREVER.
- XINU Eschews Obfuscation.
- XINU Does Not Do Windows.
- XINU Brings ORDER out of CHAOS.
- XINU Brings CHAOS from ORDER.
- He Whoever Believes in XINU Shall Have Eternal Processing.
- XINU Shall Run Again.
- XINU Is Not UNIX.
- XINU. It's What's For Dinner.
- No XINU and No Mips Make Homer Something Something...
- See XINU. See XINU Run. Run XINU Run.
- XINU Allocateth, XINU Deallocateth Away.
|DB||Dennis (or Dr.) Brylow|