Currently I am a in-between graduate student working at Marquette University. I have completed my thesis (Using Software Transactional Memory in Interrupt-Driven Systems), but it was about one week late---so my graduation was pushed back to August 2009. At the end of the summer I will move to St. Louis and begin working on a Ph.D. in Computer Science.
However, until then I am a research assistant for Dr. Dennis Brylow. At present I am continuing my research with software transactional memory and operating systems. In my spare geek time, I plan on fleshing out or starting up various parts of the Embedded Xinu O/S, as well as doing various administrative lab tasks.
If you want more detailed information about me and my academic career you can visit the website of Michael J. Schultz!
Weekly Log (Summer 2009)
- Week of May 11
- Completed marriage transaction!
- Generated user accounts for new Team Xinu members.
- Read a few papers
- Liedtke, J. 1995. On <math>\mu</math>-kernel construction. SIGOPS Operating Systems Review 29, 5 (Dec. 1995), 237-250. DOI=http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/224057.224075
- Wentzlaff, D. and Agarwal, A. 2009. Factored operating systems (fos): the case for a scalable operating system for multicores. SIGOPS Operating Systems Review 43, 2 (Apr. 2009), 76-85. DOI=http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1531793.1531805
- Created Research Experiences for Undergraduates wiki for MSCS REU students.
- Updated all wikis to user MediaWiki 1.14.0 (Adam's Wiki, BadSciFi Wiki, MSCS REU Wiki, Student ACM Wiki, Embedded Xinu Wiki)